Depending on the door type, like vinyl or metal, architectural specifications and installation processes differ. However, in general, rollers replacement or installation DYI projects usually include:
- Unscrewing and removing the movable panel's metal stiles;
- Lifting the door from the bottom rail across to access the rollers' screws;
- Removing the rollers;
- Identifying the design specifications so as to purchase the right rollers;
- Replacing the rollers; and
- Fitting back the door
- Adjust the rollers so that the door rests evenly in the frame.
To properly replace the rollers of a door or set of doors, removing the door is ultimately the first step as this makes swapping out the older rollers for newer ones easier.